If you are planning the trip to Peru or other country in South America, as well as when you are planning to visit other countries, it is always worth it to take care of some important things (about which very often everyone forgets and what can create a lot of problems during our trip).
8 Things worth to do before the trip to Peru
- Make a copy of all important documents (passport, insurance, driver’s license, airline tickets, vaccination book, drive license, etc. – Preferably on a color).
- Take a poto of all important documents passport, insurance, driver’s license, airline tickets, vaccination book, drive licence, etc.) and place them on your e-mail. In the case of loss / theft of the original documents such data facilitate the consulate manufacturing new ones. You will also be more reliable for any guards. What is also very important, you can open e-mail almost everywhere and get easily at least the photo of your documents.
- Pack all documents in one/two safe place and the copy of them in completely different place.
- If you do not have international driver’s license, do it, it can be very useful if you travel long time.
- Make the vaccinations, including those only recommended.
- Make basic body checking, consult your family doctor in cases such as, for example: issues of altitude sickness.
- Read about altitude sickness and how to prevent it.
- Write down and put on the e-mail addresses of your friends, so that you will not have problems with sending post cards from your trip.
- Register among others on portals such as Couchsurfing or HelpX – which can help you to travel. Thanks to these kind of projects you can not only save a lot of money, but what more important, you can meet wonderful people, get more real, pure knowledge about culture, traditions of the country of your journey, you can also get unique experience. More about Couchsurfing and HelpX you can read in the article “Travelling almost for free with HelpX and couchsurfing“
Do not leave to the last minute shopping and packing!! It is always better to pack all the staff even 2 days in advance. Weight the backpack before going to the airport to be sure you did not take too many things, otherwise you will have to pay quite a lot for this, and if you will be late on the airport, you can have additional problems. During packing very often we realize that we forgot to buy something, or that the backpack is too small, or is too heavy and not comfortable. If you will pack earlier you will see earlier unexpected problems and will have time to eliminate it without stress.